Friday, February 19, 2010

Needs a little tweeking

If I only go to the big name brekky venues, I tell myself quite often, then I couldn't find the hidden gems. The one's you're all talking about.

Tweek, on Bridge Road, is not a hidden gem.

It is hidden though; it took me twenty minutes to find it on an otherwise quite flashy street.

For a venue ostensibly set up to deal with the breakfast crowd, there were two immediate issues; we ordered two different types of breakfasts that they'd run out of (not Meredith again!) and when I finally ordered a mexican style breakfast wrap, it just wasn't that nice. Yucky eggs.

Service wise, we might as well have been at a lunch cafe in Sunshine, for all that they seemed to want us there.

I went with my business partner and one of our advisors for a breakfast meeting, and while we got what we needed out of the venue (i.e. something that didn't tempt us into a pre-midday beer), everything else was a little limp.

4.5 / 10 (my lowest yet?)

Tweek away.

No comments:

Post a Comment